Monday 19 May 2014

Connect The Dots

Dusk enveloped the lands
Yet cease not, did the sun glow
Squeezing sweat glands dry somewhere
And others, mere rays through snow

As one star hides away
Millions of other came out to play
I glanced your way and smiled
Again, we raced each other to the bay

By the witness of the nebulae above
We pulled each other to the ground
Laughed until our lungs were sore
And went on till the sea was found

Out of breath, I sit under the stars
And marvel at the specks of light
I almost let loose a laugh when I remember
That you aren't here with me tonight

Where you went, I do not know
But it is awfully quiet without our fight
The grown ups say you're happier now
I dare you to come and tell me they're right

I may not be as bright as the stars
But I start to connect the dots
It doesn't matter if you're here, or light years far
I know we'll remain connected
By the constellations of our hearts



-Izzat R. 

No comments:

Post a Comment