Monday 19 May 2014

Aurora

Blink
Tell me what you see
The Earth
At the palm of my hand
All its majesty and grandeur
Formed by only sea and land

Blink
Now what do you perceive?
Planets
9, no 8, in all
It just takes my breath away
How they all look so small

Blink
Is there anything new you discern?
The galaxies
Oh, there really aren’t words to say
Such astounding beauty
Don’t wake me, please let me stay

Open your eyes
You’ve been gone far too long
Drifting ever further away
In a direction that is wrong

Blink
Look outside, tell me what you glimpse
Colours
People, cars, and the sky so blue
Like an aurora
Their colours are pretty too

Think
We all look too far for beauty
For what has always been near
You should never stop living
In the now and the here

Now blink
And stop making the universe shrink


-Izzat R.

No comments:

Post a Comment