Sunday 12 January 2014

Flutter


Such beauty it was
As I saw it through the glass
It was amazing, divine
And best of all
It was mine

I was a happy child
Happy as I could be
As I cradled the jar around
So that everyone could see

But a day came when I saw
That it wasn’t as happy as me
It looked lonely and distraught
Maybe it wanted to be free

It was really a big conundrum
For one as young as I
There was none that made me smile
None like my precious butterfly

But in all my naivety
It dawned upon myself
The meaning of being happy
Is not only about yourself

With hesitation I decided
I opened the jar and set it free
Watched it flutter far away
Flutter away from me

Though my heart ached and burned
I still smiled with glee
For if it was really truly happy
Maybe one day
It will return to me


-Izzat R.

No comments:

Post a Comment