Friday 10 January 2014

Across The Oceans

The clock ticks slower and slower
Yet my mind is a raging storm
Whilst I tread amongst a sea of bodies
Of unknown names and unknown forms

The morrow never comes too quickly
Lest it contorts the greater cycle
But my soul only yearns for the day
When I can grasp you in my arms once more

The months can't pass any faster
My heart can bleed no less
Till the day I get to share your laughter
And hold my baby when she's a mess

These words may be hollow
These rhymes may be weak
The song of a voiceless soul across the oceans
Do heed, as unworthy as it is to speak:

I love you more than words can say
I miss you every single day
I pray for you wherever you are
I think of you; near or far
I dream of you throughout the night
With hopes that while I'm gone, I'll still be your shining light


-Izzat R.

No comments:

Post a Comment